• Q. How do I report my child absent from school?
    A. You will need to notify the school building that your child attends. All school buildings have voice mail and a message can be left at any time of day. The school building telephone numbers are as follows: Copley High School - 330-664-4823; Copley-Fairlawn Middle School - 330-664-4875; Arrowhead Primary - 330-664-4885; Fort Island Primary - 330-664-4890; Herberich Primary - 330-664-4991.

    Q. How do I know if school is closed due to an emergency
    or weather conditions?
    A. The school district hotline for school closings is 330-664-4917. School closings will also be reported by the local media at the following television and radio stations: television stations WEWS-Channel 5, WJW-Channel 8; radio stations WAKR/1590 AM, WKDD/98.1 FM, WNIR/100.1 FM along with the school district's 24-hour emergency AlertNow system.

    Q. How can a parent contact the transportation department?

    A. The transportation department can be reached at 330-664-4820.

    Q. Does Copley-Fairlawn City Schools have open enrollment?

    A. No, Copley-Fairlawn City Schools do not participate in open enrollment. You must live within the Copley-Fairlawn City School District boundaries to attend our schools and have established residency.

    Q. How do I enroll my children in the Copley-Fairlawn City Schools?

    A. Students who are new to the district should complete an online registration packet. https://www.copley-fairlawn.org/Page/2957 

    Q. When and where can I register my child for kindergarten?

    A.  You will need to provide the following documents at the time of registration: a certified copy of the student's birth certificate, proof of residency,  immunization/health record, and the completed registration packet.  Some documents will need to be notarized.  Please go to the registration website (above) for more information and to access the online registration link.  

    Q. What is Copley-Fairlawn City Schools school tax identification
    number I need to have for my income tax return form?

    A. The school tax identification number for Copley-Fairlawn City Schools is 7703.

    Q. What should I do if I know my child is using one or more drug
    or alcohol substances?

    A. One of your options always includes calling the Chemical Abuse Reduced through Education (C.A.R.E.) Coordinator at 330-664-4827. They can offer suggestions or make a referral to a counselor who can work with you and your teen to determine if a substance abuse problem exists.

    Q. What is the school number for Copley High School that I use on
    ACT/SAT and college admissions applications?

    A. The number for Copley High School is 361-685.

    Q. How can I obtain a high school diploma if I am a World War II,
    Korean War, or Vietnam War Veteran?

    A. A World War II, Korean War, or Vietnam Veteran can obtain a high school diploma as a result of House Bill 77. Copley-Fairlawn City Schools has adopted Policy IGEE to address this issue with former students of Copley High School. (Adobe Acrobat required)

    Q. Does the school district allow community organizations to rent
    their facilities?

    A. Persons or organizations interested in using district facilities for meetings or other activities should contact the Board of Education for information about Board policies, restrictions and charges for building rentals. An application and permit for use of school facilities will need to be completed to obtain approval for facility use. School functions take precedence over those of outside organizations. In the event of school closings, all activities will automatically be cancelled. Download forms here

    Q. How can I get an application for employment?
    A. Employment applications are now completed online through our website at the following link. 
    https://www.copley-fairlawn.org/Page/1903 Paper applications are no longer accepted.

    Q. How do I register my children for swim lessons?
    A. See the natatorium schedule for sign-up days or call 330-664-4835. Natatorium Schedule

    Q. What is the policy regarding obtaining information about students
    from their school records?

    A. The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (1974) provides parents of students under 18 years of age and students 18 years of age and older with the right to review and question the content of student's official school records. To request a review, call or write the building principal for an appointment. Collection, maintenance, use and dissemination of student information is addressed in Board of Education Policy JO.

    If you have a question regarding Copley-Fairlawn City Schools and
    did not find the answer listed above please call us at 330-664-4800.