Opportunities for Students Outside of School
This page will be updated as opportunities change regularly. The opportunities listed below are offered outside of the school day, typically by groups outside of Copley-Fairalwn City Schools. Therefore, there may be costs and travel associated with participating in the experience.
Jack Kent Cooke Foundation offers scholarships for gifted middle school students to attend summer programs and for gifted seniors to use for college.
- Kids Career Day (girls grades 1-6) March 7, 2020
- Summer Experience Engineering Camp (girls entering 9th-12th grade) June 14-19, 2020
- Multiply Your Options Summer Camp (girls entering 7th and 8th grade) June 22-26, 2020
Cleveland Clinic Internships Applications are open through February 29, 2020 for new applicants. There are a variety of different internship opportunites for rising 10th, 11th, and 12th graders (will be in those grades 2020-2021 school year).
Goodyear STEM Career Day Goodyear hosts a day for middle school students and for high school students. Registeration is open for the 2020 events!
- Beyond the Classroom: Girls Exploring Math-Registration is now OPEN for summer 2020
- Ross Mathematics Program-Applications are being accepted NOW for summer 2020
NY Times STEM Writing Contest Entries are due March 3, 2020.
ExploreAG students will learn how science, engineering, and technology impact the food industry. Four different camps held at various OSU campuses.
- Camp GEMS (girls entering 7th and 8th grade) July 12-15, 2020
- Summer Academic and Honors Institute (gifted students grades 9-12) several sessions throughout the summer
Malone University has several camps for current 9th-11th graders
- Cybersecurity June 22-25, 2020
- Exercise Science June 22-25, 2020
- Zoo&Wildlife Biology June 22-25, 2020
NEOMED Anatomy Academy Ages 16+ (including current college students) Day camp only-no residential option June 15-26, 2020 or July 6-17, 2020
Aeronautics Career Education Academy (held at Kent State University current 9th-11th grade) June 8-12 8:30am-3:30pm
Academic Talent Searches/College Summer Programs
NUMATS-Northwestern Univeristy Midwest Academic Talent Search offers weekend and summer programs for gifted students who meet their entrance criteria
Accounting Careers Awareness Program (ACAP-Ohio) Current 9th-12th graders can apply. Registration closes on March 31, 2020
Malone University Careers in Sports Camp Current 9th-11th graders June 22-25, 2020
Youth Summer Camp: Think Tank to Shark Tank (At the Universtiy of Akron for students grades 6-9) July 6-10, 2020 9:00am-3:30pm
Ohio Northern University Summer Music Camp vocal and instrumental music (7th-12th grade) Jun 21-26, 2020
Hiram College Emerging Writers Workshop (current 9th-11th graders) June 11-13, 2020