Mandatory Informational Presentation
CCP General Overview Presentation *MANDATORY FOR ALL STUDENTS AND FAMILIES who wish to participate in CCP during the 2022-23 school year**
The presentation was recorded and is posted here for any family who is unable to attend. Please complete the google form after viewing to record your attendance
Google Form for Attendance: https://forms.gle/CSVNXd7QDKvS91J9A
College Credit Plus General Timeline
1. Review the parent/student information presentations
2. Attend the mandatory Informational Meeting on 12/9/2021 (or view online) to ask College Reps any CCP questions you may have.
3. Discuss the option of CCP with your counselor when you sit down to schedule in February.
4. Return the Letter of Intent Parent/Student Signature Sheet before the April 1st deadline.
5. Make sure you have the right Cumulative GPA or Complete the Required Placement Exam (ACT/SAT)
*The state recently passed new eligibility guidelines that allows students to be determined eligible for CCP with test scores or a cumulative unweighted high school GPA of 3.0 or higher OR a 2.75 GPA and received an "A" or "B" grade in a relevant high school course. *It is still in the student’s best interest to use an ACT or SAT score for placement into college courses
6. Apply to the college of your choice.
7. Once accepted, follow the college's directives *many require a new student orientation before enrolling in classes.
8. Once accepted and registered, you will turn in a copy of your course schedule and meet with your Copley HS counselor to adjust your CHS schedule.
University of Akron
Contacts: Mr. Greg Landis and Mr. Greg Dieringer
CCP Website: U of A-CCP Home Page
Stark State College
Contact: Mr. Ryan Palmer
How to apply to Stark State as a CCP student: https://youtu.be/o7VqIF94_lo.
Virtual tour Main Campus ( North Canton): https://www.starkstate.edu/admissions/campustour/
Virtual tour of Akron:: https://www.starkstate.edu/public/360Akron/
Kent State University
Contact: Ms. Kristin Bechter
CCP Website: Kent State University-CCP Home Page
The deadline to participate in the CCP Program during the 2022-2023 school year is April 1st-Students must turn in their signed/completed intent to participate form by April 1st in order to participate--this is a state deadline!
Cuyahoga Community College
CCP Website- Cuyahoga Community College
Ohio Higher Ed-Department of Higher Education: College Credit Plus Program - Information for students and families
Ohio Transfer Module- This site can provide assistance in helping students select courses that will transfer to their prospective college once they graduate from high school.