All Current and New CCP Students: Be sure to submit a letter of intent form. This indicates you wish to participate in CCP for the 2021-2022 Academic Year--the deadline is now May 1st.
Mandatory Informational Presentation
CCP General Overview Presentation *MANDATORY FOR ALL STUDENTS AND FAMILIES who wish to participate in CCP during the 2021-22 school year**
This 15-minute presentation includes information for the 2021-2022 Academic Year and discusses updates due to our current situation. Please watch with your student.
University of Akron
Contacts: Mr. Greg Landis and Mr. Greg Dieringer
Handout on How To Apply: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JfPD36qspC9iTl68QNaajrAcZO8dCZlW/view?usp=sharing
Test Score Optional CCP Admission for The University of Akron
Applicants can be reviewed under the test-score optional criteria, but they must meet the 3.0 cumulative GPA for eligibility. Since the flexibility is legislated by the state, there are no exceptions to the 3.0 GPA. As with this past summer and fall, students will still be required to complete necessary placement testing for course placement. Due to the timing of the announcement and the uncertainly surrounding testing, we will review late applicants for Spring 2021 consideration on a case by case basis.
Please note, admission does not guarantee enrollment into specific college courses. Course registration is contingent upon meeting prerequisites or successfully completing placement testing. Students admitted without ACT/ SAT scores, or students with current test scores who do not automatically place into college-level courses will be required to complete necessary placement testing through the University.
Stark State College
Contact: Mr. Ryan Palmer
CCP video: https://starkstate-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/mihrig_starkstate_edu/ESpmamvPnKFGgjw1bGAAoLcBmIDxDHZL7ZnDOLviCruocQ?e=CPo5m9
How to apply to Stark State as a CCP student: https://youtu.be/o7VqIF94_lo.
Virtual tour Main Campus ( North Canton): https://www.starkstate.edu/admissions/campustour/
Virtual tour of Akron:: https://www.starkstate.edu/public/360Akron/
Kent State University
Contact: Ms. Kristin Bechter
Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C)
Application Process: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XBOOd6AdHEpWOWSUoUps_r0TSX8yAc3r/view?usp=sharing
Registration Checklist: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15s3SaLtja4PVkhelrrbOHDHypFO3sktc/view?usp=sharing
Admissions Checklist: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yFKJ3HHAI6NiwDzeVW9NgqX-n8Jyb3nk/view?usp=sharing
Testing Information: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O7uQWET-TJ_bAJTcCNAd431x64QVOI_l/view?usp=sharing
The deadline to participate in the CCP Program during the 2021-2022 school year is now May 1st-Students must turn in their signed/completed intent to participate form by May 1st in order to participate--this is a state deadline!
College Credit Plus General Timeline
1. Review the parent/student information presentations emailed home on January 21st.
2. Attend the Live Virtual Meet on January 28th at 6:00pm to ask College Reps any CCP questions you may have.
3. Discuss the option of CCP with your counselor when you sit down to schedule in February.
4. Return the Letter of Intent Parent/Student Signature Sheet before the May 1st deadline.
5. Make sure you have the right Cumulative GPA or Take the Required Placement Exam (ACT/SAT) *If your college has an April deadline, the last recommended ACT date is February 6th; the last recommended SAT date is March 13th. Due to COVID-19, most colleges will be accepting the June 13th test scores
6. Apply to the college of your choice.
7. Once accepted, follow the college's directives *many require a new student orientation before enrolling in classes.
8. Once accepted and registered, you will turn in a copy of your course schedule and meet with your Copley HS counselor to adjust your CHS schedule.
Ohio Higher Ed-Department of Higher Education: College Credit Plus Program - Information for students and families
Ohio Transfer Module- This site can provide assistance in helping students select courses that will transfer to their prospective college once they graduate from high school.