Copley High School Band
A Note of Thanks
- To our students, their parents, the Music Boosters, and ALL who contributed to making the Copley High School Band program continue through the pandemic school year, we THANK YOU! Your commitment to continuing your support of music education in our schools amidst all the challenges and obstacles is admirable, and we look forward to a more typical year coming up!
- Any student NOT continuing in band who uses a school-owned instrument must return that instrument by Tuesday, May 25th. We will also be collecting bell covers, as those were purchased by the school.
- Any student who IS continuing in band and uses a school-owned instrument needs to check with Mr. Foster to determine whether or not you need to check in your instrument, sign out a marching instrument, etc.
- If you are continuing with the band, please check and see if you have a SUMMER UNIFORM that fits! We will be sending out information via Remind and email regarding fittings for summer uniforms and Fall marching uniforms very soon.
- Students must clean out their band room cubbies before leaving on their last school day. Any items left in the cubbies will be considered donations to the band program or trash.
- Fall exemption forms for students who play a school-affiliated FALL sport and wish to take the exemption were handed out this week. They are also available here. If you wish to play a Fall sport and do marching band, that’s great!
Florida Trip approval - The Florida trip has been approved for March 30-April 4, 2022! Click on the following links to obtain more information about the trip.
- Registration Form
- Itinerary of the Trip
- Trip Insurance Information
- Bob Rogers Tour and Travel Assurance Policy
Florida Trip Parent Meetings
- Google Meeting Code: Copley Music Department Trip Meeting
- Wednesday, May 26 · 6:00 – 6:30pm
- Google Meet joining info
- Video call link: https://meet.google.com/gyz-heqw-oed
- Or dial: (US) +1 314-474-2451 PIN: 492 760 261#
- More phone numbers: https://tel.meet/gyz-heqw-oed?pin=5430224420085
2021-22 Marching Band Schedule
- Drill will be written over the summer. EVERY student who is on our rosters for next year will be written into the show, except those taking a Fall exemption for athletics. As a result, it is IMPERATIVE that students honor their commitment to the band program and be prepared to participate in band activities beginning at the end of July.
- If you have any absences you are already aware of, please fill out this absence form. Keep in mind that filling out the form does not necessarily excuse the absence; rather, it just helps us know who to expect.
- Beginning Thursday, May 27, percussion clinics will be held at the high school for ALL marching band percussionists.
- May 27, June 3, June 10, June 17 and June 24
- 6:00-8:30 PM - High School Band Room
- Please email Mr. Foster if you have questions or are not able to attend a clinic.
Make sure you’re signed up for the band Remind groups!
Class of 2022 - Text @chband2022 to 81010
Class of 2023 - Text @chband2023 to 81010
Class of 2024 - Text @chband2024 to 81010
Class of 2025 - Text @chband2025 to 81010
Copley High School Marching Band
7 weeks without a mandatory band practice. However, students can start checking off music using MusicFirst.
July 21 and 22 5:00pm - 9:00pm: Wednesday and Thursday Pre-Camp Basics
July 26-30 9:00 am-6:00 pm - BAND CAMP WEEK - Monday-Friday
This is the most intensive, important, FUN week for the students!
We’ll learn the majority of our show during this week.
August 2-5 5:30-8:30pm - POST CAMP Rehearsal Monday - Thursday
August 6th all fees are due.
Aug. 7 10:00am - noon Heritage Days Parade
August 9-12 5:30-8:30pm - POST CAMP Rehearsal Monday - Thursday
August 12 7:30pm PARENT PREVIEW
August 16 5:30-8:30pm - PICTURES/REVIEW PRACTICE
August 18 First Day of School
**Percussionists and color guard members may have additional weekly and summer rehearsals.
Beginning August 18 . . .
REHEARSAL/PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE DURING THE FALL
- Tuesday/Wednesday - in-school rehearsals are extended until 3:00. With almost 200 students leaving at 3:00, don’t worry --we can almost always find a parent for your child to share a ride with!
- THURSDAY AFTER SCHOOL “EXTENDED” PRACTICE after school until 4:30PM - This replaces Tuesday night Rehearsals.
Football games and Saturday competitions are as follow:
Fri 8/20 Twinsburg CHS 7:00pm
Fri 8/27 Firestone CHS 7:00pm
Fri 9/3 Buckeye Buckeye 7:00pm
Fri 9/10 Aurora Aurora 7:00pm
Fri 9/17 Roosevelt CHS 7:00pm
Sat 9/18 Band Show or OMEA Event TBA TBA
Fri 9/24 Cuyahoga Falls Cuyahoga Falls 7:00pm
Sat 9/25 Revere Competition Revere TBA
Fri 10/1 Barberton CHS 7:00pm
Fri 10/8 Revere Revere 7:00pm
Fri 10/15 Tallmadge CHS 7:00pm
Sat 10/16 COPLEY Band Invitational CHS 5:00pm
Fri 10/22 Highland CHS 7:00pm
We will participate in just one of the following dates for State Marching Band Finals
Sat 10/30 Possible - OMEA State Marching Band Finals TBA
Sat 11/6 Possible - OMEA State Marching Band Finals TBA Most likely.
After November 6, we switch to concert bands for the remainder of the school year. Rehearsals are during the school day; performances are similar to the middle school experience (3-4 per year).