Connecting Personal Devices to the CFCS BYOT Wireless Network
NEOnet has installed a new Internet content filter, named Securly, whch has changed the process for adding personal devices to our wirelees network. Please follow the steps below to enable wireless access on your personal device for the entire school year.
The new Internet content filter will also require you to be logged into Google with your CFCS google account. Please always use your CFCS Google account when prompted to login to Google when browsing the Internet. Securly will block most Internet access if you login with your personal Google account. Access to personal Gmail accounts will also be blocked while connected to the district's BYOT Network.
The security certificates installed during this process enable your device to connect to the district’s wireless network and browse secure websites while in the district. These certificates are only utilized when your personal device is connected to the district’s network. They will not filter traffic when you are on any other network (ex. home wireless or mobile data).
1. Connect to the BYOT Network
- Connect to the CFCS-BYOT wireless network. This is now the only wireless network that will work with staff and student personal devices.
- Login with your network account (the same you use to login to district laptops and computers)*
- If it does not prompt you to login, please open up a browser and visit www.example.com. This will trigger the login screen.
*The BYOT network will no longer permanently connect your device to the network for the entire year. You will be required to login atleast 1 time per day.
2. Install the Securly Security Certificate
Security Certificate Installation Instructions (one time process)iOS Devices (ipad/iphone)
- Download the certificate here within Safari.
- Click on the downloaded file and press the Install button.
- You will be prompted with a warning message that says, "Installing this profile will change settings on your iPad." Press the Install Now button.
Android Devices (phones and tablets) - please note - you must have a screen pattern lock or password on your device to be able to do this.
- Download the certificate from here. Open with defaults.
- At the Name the certificate screen give the certificate a name (whatever you like) and press the OK button.
Private Chromebook - no action is needed - please sign in with your school account. Personal accounts are not supported.
- Download the installer here
- Run the installer - you need admin rights on your device to do this.
- If the installer fails, download the certificate manually from here and install it into your trusted root certificate store.
- Firefox users need to manually install the certificate into the browser. Instructions can be found here
3. Login to your CFCS Google Account
- Open a web browser on your device
- Visit https://accounts.google.com
- Login with your CFCS Google Account (username=email address, password=the one you use to login to district laptops and computers)