The Reflections Art Program has been bringing the arts to life for more than 10 million students since 1969. Ohio PTA and its members, families, and kids are on the forefront of this amazing program, which increases community awareness of the importance of arts in education.
Reflections encourages students of all ages to:
- Unleash creative talents and be inspired
- Express themselves imaginatively in their artwork
- Experience the fun and joy of making art
- Tap into critical-thinking skills to create art inspired by the annual theme
- Receive positive recognition for their original works of art.
The grade divisions include:
- Dance Choreography
- Film Production
- Music Composition
- Visual Arts
- Primary (PreK – Grade 2)
- Intermediate (Grades 3 – 5)
- Middle School (Grades 6 - 8)
- High School (Grades 9 – 12)
- Special Arts (all student artists with special needs)
All Reflections entries are submitted first to local PTAs/PTSAs where they are recognized and judged in their grade level divisions. PTAs then choose a selection of entries to be judged by local PTA units, which may then be sent on to councils or districts for consideration. The final Reflection entries submitted to Ohio PTA are then judged at the state level and are considered for Award of Excellence (1st), Award of Outstanding Achievement (2nd) and Award of Merit. (3rd). Award of Excellence (1st) entries are then sent on to National PTA to represent Ohio PTA in the final National PTA judging round.