Unit 7: CHAPTER 16/17 History of the Earth and Evolution
1. Discuss the evidence that convinced Darwin that species could change over time.
2. List the four principles of natural selection.
3. Show how natural selection could change a population.
1. Describe how fossils provide evidence of evolution.
2. Discuss morphological evidence of evolution.
3. Explain how physiology and biochemistry provide evidence of evolution.
1. Discuss patterns observed in evolution.
2. Describe factors that influence speciation.3. Compare gradualism with punctuated equilibrium.Evolution Intro: http://www.pbs.org/video/2365759129/Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYBRbCLI4zU (What Darwin Never Knew)Links for Evolution Nova series:All in the Family: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/change/family/index.htmlRiddle of the Bones: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/humans/riddle/index.htmlWhat killed the Dinosaurs: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/extinction/dinosaurs/index.html