CHAPTER 4 Cell Structure and Functionlink for cell video on cell phone: Inside the Cell
Chapter 4 Objectives
Cell Structure and Function
1. Relate advances in microscope technology to discoveries about cells.
2. Compare compound light microscopes with electron microscopes.
3. Summarize the principles of the cell theory.
4. Differentiate between a prokaryotic cell and a eukaryotic cell.
5. Describe how a cell's plasma membrane functions.
6. Identify the roles of proteins, carbohydrates, and cholesterol in the plasma membrane.
7. Identify the structure and function of the parts of a typical eukaryotic cell.8. Compare and contrast structures of plant and animal cells.Practice Quizzes:Quizlet help:Review videos from notes: