The Pupil Services Department
To promote a comprehensive developmentally, age-appropriate and sequential student services programming that supports the academic, career and social-emotional development of all students.
Director of Pupil Services
Phone: (330) 664-4856
Coordinator of Student Services
Phone: (330) 664-4858
Phone: (330) 664-4855
September 10, 2020 is World Suicide Prevention Day
Suicide is a topic that is both extremely difficult to talk about, and one that we can't afford to ignore. Among high school students, suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death. Four out of five young people who attempt suicide show clear warning signs beforehand. This means that we can look out for each other and help prevent suicide. If a friend or classmate just isn’t acting like themselves, if their mood or behavior has changed, they’re withdrawing from friends, or they’re making statements about feeling hopeless or helpless; they could be thinking about suicide. The best way you can support them is to help them talk to a trusted adult as soon as possible, such as their parents or a school counselor. If you or someone you know needs immediate assistance, the emergency resources below are available 24/7.
Suicide Prevention Lifeline- 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Crisis Text Line - Text HELLO to 741-741
Emergency - Call 911Copley-Fairlawn Cares Food Program: Copley Fairlawn City Schools is teaming up with the Copley Outreach Center to offer nutritious meals and snacks for children over weekends and extended breaks. Any child enrolled in Copley-Fairlawn Schools is eligible. If your child(ren) could benefit from this program, we encourage you to register by completing the opt-in form and returning it to the school office or school counselor.
In the News Resources
- LARA (Listen, Affirm, Respond, Ask) Dialogue Tool and Kitchen Table Conversation Guides
- Helping Families Work Together
- Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty
- Talking to your Children about COVID-19: A Parent Resource
- Supporting Kids During COVID-19
- Coronavirus Anxiety: Coping with Stress, Fear, and Uncertainty
- Coronavirus Social Story Video for Kids
- Coronavirus Printable Social Story for Kids
- Community Resources for Families
- Center for Disease Control
- Summit County Health Department
COVID-19 Health and Safety Videos
- Face Mask Etiquette
- Hand Washing
- Hand Sanitizing
- How to Make a No-Sew Mask
- Social Distancing: What is Six Feet?
- Cross Contamination and Gloves